Indian Institute of Science is a place to create your own destiny and seek success on your own terms .Explore your interest through our clubs and organizations, cheer on our sport team, attend concert and events. Experience all that IISc offers and make your IISc years some of most memorable life.
Separate hostel accommodation for male and female students is available on the campus. There are about 2500 single/double rooms in the Men’s Blocks and about 500 rooms in the Women’s Blocks. With the ever-increasing pressure for campus accommodation, it is not feasible to provide single-occupancy rooms for all the students in the Mens Blocks. Sponsored candidates are not provided with campus accommodation.
There are three dining halls (one vegetarian and two composite) run on the advice of the Students’ Mess Committee. The monthly mess charges (computed based on actuals each month) are at present approximately Rs.1200/- for vegetarian and Rs.1500/- for non-vegetarian boarders.
- IISc Gymkhana is one of the oldest Gymkhana in Bangalore. It is located in Indian Institute of Science campus which is situated in the north-western corner of the city near Yeswanthpur. It has world-class sports and recreational facilities. It is meant to be used only by the institute members.
- The Gymkhana of the Institute is the centre of all cultural and extra-curricular activities of the students on the campus. It has some of the best sports facilities in Bangalore with a Cricket ground, Tennis courts, Swimming pool, Cinder track, Indoor Badminton court, Billiards, Ping Pong tables, etc. The well-equipped gymnasium with the latest multi-trainer and wall-bar equipment is another attraction. It also has indoor and outdoor auditoria.
- The Ranade library, attached to the Gymkhana, has a collection of 10,000 books and subscribes to over 50 magazines. The well-kept outdoor swimming pool, the T.V., music and reading rooms, as also the snack parlor situated in the premises, are all very popular. Film, Music, Yoga, Nature, Debating and Photography Clubs are being nurtured by the Gymkhana.
- Gymkhana conducts regular tournaments in almost all sports activities and several literary and fine arts activities for folks in the IISc campus. Research takes a back seat during all these events and students, faculty and staff all vie against each other to win their favorite events. The display of extra-curricular talents from these people is just amazing.
- IISc Gymkhana has 26 clubs associated with it which caters to the varying interests of the Institute junta. The clubs range from several indoor and outdoor sports activities to cultural activities and fine arts. The day to day activities of the clubs are maintained and run by Student convenors. All the clubs are well equipped with the best of equipments and facilities.
- The Institute provides medical facilities to students and staff at the Health Centre.
- An out-patient clinic and in-patient wards are administered by full-time professional doctors and nursing staff.
- In addition, specialist consultancy services are provided in Medicine, Ophthalmology, Dental Health, Psychiatry and Gynecology.
- Cases requiring other specialist services are referred to the appropriate Medical Centres in the city.
- The Health Centre has a diagnostic laboratory, an X-ray facility and non-invasive diagnosis by ultrasonography.
Institute campus has two full fledged bank branches (State Bank of India and Canara Bank) with ATM facilities.