||B.E (Mech. Engg.), Mangalore University
||M.Sc. (Engg.), Indian Institute of Science
||Ph.D. in Energy and Environment, Indian Institute of Science
Energy and Environmental policy, economics and modeling; Energy access, Sustainable development and Global climate change; Technology management and Sustainability.
Selected Research Publications:
- Sharma, Tarun and Balachandra, P., “Benchmarking Sustainability of Indian Electricity system: An Indicator approach”, Applied Energy, Vol. 142, 2015, pp 206-220.
- Balachandra, P., “Modern Bioenergy Technologies for Universalizing Energy Access in India: Solving the Conflicting Challenges of Climate Change and Development”, The International Journal of Climate Change: Impacts and Responses, Vol. 5, No. 3, 2014, pp 41- 55.
- Balachandra, P., “Universal and sustainable access to modern energy services in Rural India: An overview of policy-programmatic interventions and implications for sustainable development”, Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, Vol. 92, No. 1, 2012, pp 163-182.
- Balachandra, P.,“Modern Energy Access to All in Rural India: An Integrated Implementation Strategy”, Energy Policy, Vol. 39, No. 12, 2011, pp 7803-7814.
- Balachandra, P., “Dynamics of Rural Energy Access in India: An Assessment”, Energy-The International Journal, Vol. 36, No. 9, 2011, pp 5556-5567.
Link to Personal Page